Psychological Preparation for Childbirth
The prenatal care department of GC-IVF offers a program of psychological preparation for childbirth. It includes regular classes 2.5 hours long each. Every class consists of a lecture and physical exercises (yoga for pregnant women and relaxation).
The complete course of lectures includes the following topics:
- precursors to labor;
- labor scenarios (art-therapy);
- breathing in labor;
- labor: three stages of contractions;
- labors of childbirth (practice, imitation of labors);
- massage during the labor (a class for the pregnant woman and her partner).
How to assist the woman in labor and make the process easier:
- practical skills;
- newborn care;
- breast feeding;
- the first month of the new baby’s life (a letter to your baby);
- the first year of the new baby’s life.